Our commitment to protect your privacy
Personal data we collect
We collect and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including when you purchase a product from us or use our services, contact our Showrooms or Service Centres, or through car shows, contests and promotions. Such information may comprise personal data as defined under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance as amended from time to time ("Data") and include but not limited to:
- Your personal information such as your name, age group, phone number, email and/or address; and
- Your credit or debit card information and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, expiry date and billing address.
- Certain Data (particularly relating to your contact information) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Data, we may be unable to engage with you for the intended purposes or provide the relevant products and services in full or at all.
Purposes for Collection and Use of Data
The Data provided by you will be used by us for the purpose for which it was requested as follows (and for directly related purposes):
- Application, administration, continuation and termination of the use of our products or services;
- Processing billing and payment, maintaining a credit history, determining amounts outstanding and if necessary, collection of outstanding payments;
- Considering or fulfilling requests or application of any nature submitted by you, whether online, over the phone or through other channels;
- Handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- Verification of your identity and updating and enhancing your records;
- Administering contests and sweepstakes conducted by us, including disclosing the winner of any such contests;
- Enforcement of any contract entered into between you and Zung Fu;
- Subject to your consent, for direct marketing use as outlined in section 5 below;
- Meeting the requirements to make disclosure to any governmental, legal or regulatory authority in Hong Kong under the requirements of any law binding on us; and
- Enabling us to better understand the demographics of our customers and provide products/services better tailored to your needs.
- We may collect and submit as applicable a copy of your Hong Kong Identity Card ("HKIC") to the Transport Department of The Government of the HKSAR for vehicle registration and licensing purposes, and to insurance company for insurance arrangements. We may also request your HKIC number / Hong Kong Driving License number for identity verification purposes but not for any other purposes.
Information Captured Automatically
- Like many websites, we automatically receive certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages you visit on our website, which website you came from or go to and the date and length of your visit. We may use and evaluate such information for the purposes of website administration and understanding our customers better.
Use of Data in Direct Marketing
- We intend to use your Data for direct marketing purposes as specified in section 5.2 below, but we may not so use your Data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection).
We intend to use your Data including your name, phone number, email and/or address to contact you about the following:
- products, services and promotional events of Daimler AG and its group companies (“Daimler”), Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Ltd (“MBHK”) and Zung Fu;
- other direct marketing use that we notify you (in the relevant form or collection channel) from time to time.
- We will not disclose your Data to any third parties for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
- Should you not want us to use your Data for the above direct marketing purposes or if you wish to access or correct your Data, please let us know via any one of the free response channels in section 11. You can also choose not to receive such marketing materials by selecting the unsubscribe option which we provide in each email, SMS or MMS sent to you, or otherwise inform us.
Disclosure and Transfer of Data
We do not sell or trade your Data with third parties and we strive to protect your privacy. Your Data may however be transferred within or outside Hong Kong to third parties as follows for the purposes stated in section 3 above and this section 6 (or any directly related purpose):
- other companies (including branch offices, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliates) within our group of companies;
- governmental, legal or regulatory authorities;
- our legal and financial advisers;
- third party service providers engaged by us to assist with debt collection and customer services;
- insurance companies for the application of and other matters relating to car insurance;
- credit information, reference bureau or financial service companies for the application of and other matters relating to financial services and/or related products;
- Daimler and MBHK for wholesale activities, warranty, technical services, promotional events, legal compliance and/or product feedback;
- our assigns or successor in title.
- Security and Accuracy of Data
- Except as mentioned in section 6 above, your Data, however stored, will be accessed by our employees or service providers who are authorized to do so.
- Where Data is stored electronically, it will be kept password-protected in the Zung Fu computing facilities (including servers and back-up tapes), and accessible only by authorized personnel of Zung Fu or service providers. Data encryption will be applied where appropriate.
- We shall take reasonable steps to keep your Data as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Data that is used on an ongoing basis, including information that is disclosed to third parties (please see section 6 for details), will generally be kept accurate and up-to-date. You can update or correct the Data held by us in accordance with section 11.
- Retention of Data
- Data provided by you is retained if the purpose for which the Data was collected still exists, it is so required by law, statue or regulation, or it is in the public interest. Data will be destroyed once its requirement is ended.
- When you access our website, we store information about your visit in a small text file called a "cookie" on your hard disk. This helps us to identify you and remember your preferences the next time you visit us.
- Only information that you have provided will be stored in the cookie, and only the website which created the cookie can read it. This does not allow it access to the rest of the computer.
- You may at any time request access to or update/correct your Data held by us. You may also ask us to delete you or your Data from any active mailing or distribution list.
- To exercise any of your rights above, please contact our Customer Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2895 7300.